For all you need to know about IMAGINE, click here.
Focus is going back to the City of Pines! Two years after shooting there, the team will be heading back north for another adventure. Street, cityscape, long exposure, and even a dose of macro. As the PhotoMeet is in a far-away location, it is open only to Focus photographers. We'll share the photos after the 3-day trip.
The theme for this PhotoMeet's contest is "Roadscape". Watch out for the entries. :)
It's the fourth edition of our Focus Portrait Project - where photographers become models for their fellow photographers. We know most of you already know what it is, but in case you still don't, here are the details including some changes for this year's FPP :
Focus Portrait Project serves three purposes:
- Provide each participating Focus member their own portrait taken by a fellow-Focus member
- Give members a prime opportunity to test their creativity, imagination, and portrait-photography skills
- Build “cameraderie” among members
How is this done?
We’re sure all of us are familiar with Christmas exchange gifts (monito-monita). Focus Portrait Project will be done almost the same way. The big difference is, we’re not giving out gifts, but giving each other portraits.
1. Focus members are strongly encouraged to join the Project. Exceptions are those who are based abroad. (Only official Focus members are allowed to join this activity.)
2. Participating members will have their names included in a lot. Two Focus officers will pick one name each from the lot. The two names that they pick will be paired to become partners/buddies in the Project. The officers will keep on picking two names at a time until all of the names have been picked.
3. The pairing WILL NOT be announced publicly. A Focus officer will privately inform the members who they have been paired with.
4. Each pair has a common task : photograph each other using your own concept, style, and taste. In other words : your partner will be your model, and you will be his/her photographer. Then you will also be his/her model, and he/she will also photograph you. Work both ways. THIS YEAR, THOUGH, we will be having a theme : PHOTOGRAPHER'S PORTRAITS. Portray your partner in the photography genre of his preference or where he/she excels.
5. Once you find out who your partner is, we ask that you keep it between the two of you. You then coordinate and talk about how, when, and where you will do the shoot.
6. DO NOT POST the final photos or teasers and behind-the-scenes just yet, to keep the suspense. All the photos will be presented during Focus Bulacan’s Christmas Party.
7. All the photos will be put to a vote, with the top photo's photographer and model to be given special prizes. The Focus Portrait Project will also count toward the point system for our Photographer of the Year competition.
8. Keep in mind that the photos will be included in the members’ profiles. So do your best to present your fellow Focus members in a good light. Funny or unusual presentation of your fellow member is accepted, as long as it does not demean the individual. Create a portrait that your partner will be proud of.
9. In effect, we have more than four months to do this project (August-December). So schedule with your partner accordingly. Let’s avoid cramming. Four months is a lot of time.
Focus Bulacan will be front and center to witness a fashion show by two of the best wedding suppliers in town. Fashion designer Manny Halasan and event stylist FJ Sionson will exhibit their creations on the catwalk on August 20 at Robinsons Place Malolos. Focus photographers will be given prime spots to shoot the event and the models as they show off their beautiful wear. This is our official August 2016 PhotoMeet. Get ready for the contest thereafter.
Kwentong Kenyo is Focus Bulacan's 3rd Anniversary celebration. We have a dedicated page here in our website so you could know all the details about it :
See you there! :)
Happening in 15 Philippine cities and 5 cities around the world, including one in Malolos that Focus Bulacan will be organizing. For more details : http://xphotographers.ph/2016-fujifilm-global-photowalk/
Photowalk leader is Jer Sandel. To register, please visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fujifilm-global-photowalk-tickets-26025947309. See you there!
We'll get to know more of the interesting art of Double Exposure. A short tutorial will be offered on how to do the technique in-camera and via post-processing. An actual shoot will follow (with entries to be submitted for the PhotoMeet contest) near the tutorial venue.
PhotoMeet is open to Focus members and applicants. Venue details will be disclosed via private message, so applicants please send us a message on our Facebook page if you'd like to attend. PhotoMeet is on Saturday, June 25, at 9 o'clock in the morning.
See you, Focus folks! :)
Double Exposure PhotoMeet has been rescheduled to a later date to give way to the FUJIFILM GLOBAL PHOTOWALK in Malolos that Focus Bulacan will be hosting on the same date, June 25.
Let's beat the heat with good food, a cool pool, and fun in the sun. It's time for Focus Bulacan's annual summer get-together. This year we'll be doing it a new venue - and by new we mean it literally : the just-opened Jeto's Park Resort in Bulakan, Bulacan. As standard in our SummerJam events, the resort will be exclusive to Focus Bulacan for the day, so expect another edition of non-stop, unbridled enjoyment.
SummerJam is open to Focus members and applicants. It's happening on Saturday, May 14. 8AM onwards. Don't forget to bring your fun essentials. Kindly coordinate with Focus members and officers regarding your attendance. Lead logistics officer for this event is Kath Cruz-Tuazon.
See you there, Focus folks! :)
Let's take it slow and easy this April. Leave our big-shot cameras at home and use just our phone cameras this time. We're going on a foodtrip in Maginhawa Street of UP Village in Quezon City. Mid-noon till early evening of Sunday, April 17. There are 10 target food spots, with participants to be divided into two groups, each group to be assigned 5 spots. Order what you think is delicious and appetizing to the eyes. Pick your best/favorite shot for the post-foodtrip contest. Don't forget : only mobile camera photos will be qualified.
Mechanics and other details to be announced on the ride going there. Meet-up is at 1PM in McDonald's - BSU, Malolos. Transportation will be arranged for Focus members and applicants so let us know if you're joining. Lead officer for this PhotoMeet is Julius Calzo.
See you, Focus folks!
Our March 2016 PhotoMeet will be a Good Friday photowalk in the pilgrimage site of Baranggay Kapitangan in Paombong, Bulacan. It's a day full of penance and religious rites reenacting the death of Christ, and we will be joining the horde of people in the scene - spectators and fellow photographers alike. It will be sweltering and chaotic, but the challenge doesn't end there.
We have a special twist for this photowalk : we will mimic shooting with film. You read that right. We will use our digital cameras while shooting film-style. How? You shall find out on the day itself (but you're free to formulate your theories). Focus members and applicants may join. Friday, March 25! We will first assemble at Malolos Sports and Convention Center at 8AM for orientation and specific instructions. Only those present in the orientation may join the contest. The group will then leave for Kapitangan (a short drive from MSCC) and participants are free to shoot until the crucifixion rites at around noon. More details will be provided during the orientation.
Be sure to have the following :
Are you ready for this challenge? We'll see you on March 25, then.
(Focus lead officer for this PhotoMeet shall be Gilbert Fajardo.)
Save The Date!
All official Focus Bulacan PhotoMeets and activities are posted here. Take a look at which upcoming events fit in your schedule. Save the date and see you there!