Focus Bulacan's buddy-shooting challenge is now on its 3rd year.
Everything's the same, nothing new with the mechanics, so we're just copy-pasting from last year :
Focus Portrait Project serves three purposes:
- Provide each participating Focus member their own portrait taken by a fellow-Focus member
- Give members a prime opportunity to test their creativity, imagination, and portrait-photography skills
- Build “cameraderie” among members
How is this done?
We’re sure all of us are familiar with Christmas exchange gifts (monito-monita). Focus Portrait Project will be done almost the same way. The big difference is, we’re not giving out gifts, but giving each other portraits.
1. All Focus members have to join the Project. Exceptions are those who are based abroad. (Only official Focus members are allowed to join this activity.)
2. Participating members will have their names included in a lot. Two Focus officers will pick one name each from the lot. The two names that they pick will be paired to become partners/buddies in the Project. The officers will keep on picking two names at a time until all of the names have been picked.
3. The pairing WILL NOT be announced publicly. The officers will privately inform the members who they have been paired with.
4. Each pair has a common task : photograph each other using your own concept, style, and taste. In other words : your partner will be your model, and you will be his/her photographer. Then you will also be his/her model, and he/she will also photograph you. Work both ways.
5. Once you find out who your partner is, we ask that you keep it between the two of you. You then coordinate and talk about how, when, and where you will do the shoot.
6. DO NOT POST the final photos or behind-the-scenes just yet, to keep the suspense. All the photos will be presented during Focus Bulacan’s Christmas Party.
7. All the photos will be put to a vote, with the top photo's photographer and model to be given special prizes. The Focus Portrait Project will also count toward the point system for our Photographer of the Year competition.
8. Keep in mind that the photos will be included in the members’ profiles. So do your best to present your fellow Focus members in a good light. Funny or unusual presentation of your fellow member is accepted, as long as it does not demean the individual. Create a portrait that your partner will be proud of.
9. In effect, we have more than four months to do this project (August-December). So schedule with your partner accordingly. Let’s avoid cramming. Four months is a lot of time.
Save The Date!
All official Focus Bulacan PhotoMeets and activities are posted here. Take a look at which upcoming events fit in your schedule. Save the date and see you there!