March is Fire Prevention Month, but it's also the climax of the annual Philippine International Pyromusical Competition. Now on its 5th edition, the fireworks fest kicks off on February 15 and runs until March 22. Focus Bulacan will hold its PhotoMeet on March 8, the fourth weekend of the competition. Competing countries slated on the said date are China and Germany. The show lights up at 7PM.
It's a prime opportunity to test our skills and capture wonderful photos of fireworks. We will get right into the action, squeeze into the crowd and settle for shooting spots, and hopefully get rewarded with a great view. Don't forget to bring your tripod!
Official members and applicants may join. Here's how Focus will do it :
- There will be a meet-up point in Malolos (McDonald's-BSU) at 2:30PM of March 8. The contingent leaves for Manila at 3PM. Focus will try to organize and rent a van to transport attendees to and from Mall of Asia.
- For those who will be coming from Metro Manila, there's another meetup point at Mall of Asia at 5PM. Exact location will be coordinated later. Those coming from Bulacan will also proceed to said meetup point.
- A short hands-on tutorial of essentials of fireworks photography will be conducted before the whole group leaves the meetup point to search for shooting spots.
- Attendees are free to choose which spot they want to shoot from. They can choose from any of the paid ticket sections (Silver / Gold / VIP / Patron) or other locations (parking, rooftop, etc.). We are not requiring attendees to shoot with the group. They may shoot from wherever they want.
- After the fireworks show, the group will meet again at a designated location before splitting up and going home. Those who came with the rented vehicle will proceed to the parking and go back to Bulacan (McDonald's-BSU).
- Those who are going to attend, please sign up at the Facebook thread so we can account you in planning the trip to Mall of Asia, and also to coordinate with you the latest updates.
As mentioned, we will have an on-the-spot, hands-on tutorial of fireworks photography, but you can read up on your own with these two links : How To Photograph Fireworks and Tips For Successful Fireworks Photographs. For more info about the 5th Philippine International Pyromusical Competition, click HERE.
SEE YOU ON MARCH 8!
For questions and other concerns, drop a comment in the Facebook box below.
Save The Date!
All official Focus Bulacan PhotoMeets and activities are posted here. Take a look at which upcoming events fit in your schedule. Save the date and see you there!