The 8-day voting period is over. Once more, our thanks to the voters especially guest judge Job Rejante for helping us determine the winner. This was one of the toughest theme contests we've had and each and every one of the votes mattered.
The Top 3 :
3rd Place : 27 points (17 votes) / Entry 15 / CHI LOPEZ
2nd Place : 53 points (22 votes) / Entry 18 / GILBERT MACAPAGAL
1st Place : 57 points (19 votes) / Entry 2 / JER SANDEL
For the 7th time this year, congratulations, Jer! 1st Place gets an extra 10 points, 2nd Place gets 7, 3rd Place gets 5, 4th Place (undisclosed) gets 3, and 5th Place (also undisclosed) gets 2 points for the 2016 Photographer Of The Year competition. Participants automatically get 3 points for submitting entries.
Next month's theme : "PAMAHIIN"
October 2016 Theme Contest "Broken" Entries (Click thumbnails to view photos in full)
Voting Period : 26 October - 2 November 2016
We're not going to prolong the wait of the participants, for sure they've been anxiously wanting to know which entries made it to the top. Thanks to everyone who voted most especially to guest judge sir Edwin Tuyay. Without the voters, there would be no winners!
Before we reveal the winners (or before you scroll down), we'd like to clarify the situation : there were two Calumpit photowalks for the Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk. Both are organized by Focus Bulacan. For Photowalk 1, a total of 18 entries were correctly emailed then uploaded to ViewBug, and put to a vote here. For Photowalk 2, only 2 (yes, TWO) entries made it (and four disqualified via incorrect upload). For Photowalk 2, we didn't put the entries to a public vote and instead asked guest judge Edwin Tuyay to just pick which of the two is the better photo. It was an adjustment made on-the-fly as we were also surprised (and disappointed) that only two entries were submitted to ViewBug for Walk 2.
Here are the top photos :
Winner : JAY SEBASTIAN
WALK 1 TOP 3
3rd Place : 23 points (9 votes) / Entry 15 / SHERWIN TOMAS
2nd Place : 40 points (19 votes) / Entry 16 / CHI LOPEZ
1st Place : 42 points (15 votes) / Entry 2 / GILBERT MACAPAGAL
CONGRATULATIONS, Gilbert and Jay! For the Scott Kelby Photowalk contest, 1st Place gets an extra 20 points, 2nd Place gets 14, 3rd Place gets 10, 4th Place (undisclosed) gets 6, and 5th Place (also undisclosed) gets 4 points for the 2016 Photographer Of The Year competition. Participants automatically get 3 points for submitting entries.
Gilbert and Jay each gets a Capdase mKeeper camera bag as prize (that they may claim in a Focus Bulacan event on November 6). Good luck on the worldwide contest!
October 2016 PhotoMeet Contest "Scott Kelby Calumpit Photowalk" Entries (Click thumbnails to view photos in full)
Voting Period : 18-24 October 2016
The 7-day voting period has ended and now's the time to reveal the winners of our Baguio Roadscapes contest. Thanks and salute to everyone who voted, especially guest judge Allan Nacpil.
The Top 3 :
3rd Place : 22 points (2 1st-place votes) / Entry 6 / MARK ANTHONY DE LEON
2nd Place : 57 points (9 1st-place votes) / Entry 1 / JULIUS CALZO
1st Place : 67 points (13 1st-place votes) / Entry 8 / JER SANDEL
Congratulations once more, Jer! It's the sixth contest win for you this year. 1st Place gets an extra 10 points, 2nd Place gets 7, 3rd Place gets 5, 4th Place (undisclosed) gets 3, and 5th Place (also undisclosed) gets 2 points for the 2016 Photographer Of The Year competition. Participants automatically get 3 points for submitting entries.
Up next : The Scott Kelby Calumpit Photowalk contest
September 2016 PhotoMeet Contest "Roadscapes" Entries (Click thumbnails to view photos in full)
Voting Period : 6-12 October 2016
Registered participants of the recent Scott Kelby Photowalk in Calumpit, Bulacan may now send entries for the photo contest. Please keep in mind that only registered walkers could join, since you won't be able to upload photos on the site provided by the Scott Kelby team if you did not register.
Our regular photocontest guidelines still apply, but since we are doing this in conjunction with the Scott Kelby worldwide contest, there are a few extra details that we have to let you know. Please take a short time to read :
To enter the contest, each walker MUST DO BOTH of the following :
1.) Email a photo to email@example.com (this is for entering Focus Bulacan's contest) with the subject "SK Calumpit Photowalk - Walk 1" (if you're signed up for Walk 1) or Walk 2 (if you're signed up for Walk 2). Also, rename your entry in this format : CALUMPIT_YOURNAME.JPG.
2.) Log-in to your Scott Kelby photowalk page, click on the "Contest" tab then click on Photo Contest, and follow instructions on how to upload the same photo (that you emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org) to the ViewBug site.
Basically, what we will do is hold a photocontest for each photowalk (we have two Calumpit photowalks, Walk 1 is led by Julius Calzo while Walk 2 is led by Gilbert Fajardo), with the winners being selected by the photowalk leaders as Calumpit's official entries to the worldwide contest.
Additional rules, consistent with the Scott Kelby guidelines :
- You have to email and upload the SAME photo. You can't have different photos as your entry. Having different entries will disqualify you from the contest.
- Photos submitted to the contest must be taken during the time of our walk. You can't come back to the location of the walk later (or show up earlier) and take more pictures. (This is why we asked you to make sure your camera's time and date settings are correct.) Our competition officer Amen Alcoriza will check your entries' EXIF to see if it reflects the date and time of the photowalk (October 1, 2016 : 3:30-6:30PM).
- Collages aren't allowed because technically you're submitting more than one image.
- Photos that are submitted can be edited, but can't include anything that wasn't taken during the walk. For example, you can't drop in a sky that was taken on a different day. You can edit images to make them black and white, infrared, add contrast and saturation, remove distracting elements, create HDR images and panoramas, or use plug-ins.
- This year, the Scott Kelby team didn't specify photo dimensions or file size limits, but let's follow the previous years' suggested photo dimensions : 1000px on the longest side at 72dpi, with a maximum file size of 1 MB.
- Deadline of email submission is Sunday, October 16, 2016. Deadline of upload to the ViewBug site is also on October 16. Avoid the hassle of last-minute submission, send and upload your entry as soon as you can.
- The entries will then be put to a vote from October 17-24, with the winners to be announced on October 25, and then selected by the walk leaders as the official entries to the worldwide contest.
- Winners of the Scott Kelby worldwide contest will be announced on November 15.
Kindly follow these guidelines and you're all set. Again, thanks to everyone who joined the photowalk. We look forward to your entries. The best of luck! :)
(For further question or clarification, drop a comment in the Facebook box below.)
Competition is fun
At Focus Bulacan, we strive to improve every member's photography skills. One way to do this is to constantly challenge each other with photo contests. All competition is posted here, for voting and for announcement of results. Good luck!