Registered participants of last weekend's Scott Kelby Photowalk in Hagonoy, Bulacan may now send entries for the worldwide photo contest. Please keep in mind that only registered walkers could join, since you won't be able to upload photos on the Scott Kelby site if you didn't register.
Our regular photocontest guidelines still apply, but since we are doing this in conjunction with the Scott Kelby worldwide contest, there are a few extra details that we have to let you know. Please take a short time to read :
To enter the contest, each walker MUST do BOTH of the following :
1.) Email a photo to email@example.com (this is for entering Focus Bulacan's contest)
2.) Log-in and upload the same photo to our Scott Kelby Hagonoy photowalk site : http://kelbyone.com/photowalk/walk/hagonoy-central-luzon-philippines/ (this is for entering the worldwide contest)
Basically, what we will do is hold a photocontest of our own, with the winner being selected by the photowalk leader as Hagonoy's official entry to the worldwide contest.
Additional rules, consistent with the Scott Kelby guidelines :
- You have to submit and upload the SAME photo. You can't have different photos as your entry.
- Photos submitted to the contest must be taken during the time of our walk. You can't come back to the location of the walk later (or show up earlier) and take more pictures. (This is why we asked you to make sure your camera's time and date settings are correct.)
- Collages aren't allowed because technically you're submitting more than one image.
- Photos that are submitted can be edited, but can't include anything that wasn't taken during the walk. For example, you can't drop in a sky that was taken on a different day. You can edit images to make them black and white, infrared, add contrast and saturation, remove distracting elements, create HDR images and panoramas, or use plug-ins.
- The suggested photo dimensions are 1000px on the longest side at 72dpi, and the maximum file size is 1 MB.
- Deadline of email submission is Monday, October 20, 2014 at 11:59PM. Deadline of upload to the Scott Kelby site is Monday, October 27, 2014 at 11:59PM. Both are Philippine times. Why is the Focus email deadline a week earlier than the upload deadline? Because contest voting takes a week, to determine a winner which the walk leader could select.
Kindly follow these guidelines and you're all set. Again, thanks to everyone who joined the photowalk. We look forward to your entries. The best of luck! :)
(For further question or clarification, drop a comment in the Facebook box below.)
Competition is fun
At Focus Bulacan, we strive to improve every member's photography skills. One way to do this is to constantly challenge each other with photo contests. All competition is posted here, for voting and for announcement of results. Good luck!