Participants of last weekend's Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk - Malolos Provincial Capitol leg, you may now send your entries for the photocontest. Our regular photocontest guidelines still apply, but since we are doing this in conjunction with the Scott Kelby worldwide contest, there are a few extra details that we have to let you know. Please take a short time to read :
To participate, each walker MUST do the following :
1.) Email a photo to email@example.com (this is for entering Focus Bulacan's contest)
2.) Log-in and upload the same photo to our Scott Kelby photowalk site : http://worldwidephotowalk.com/walk/lungsod-ng-malolos-gitnang-luzon-pilipinas/ (this is for entering the worldwide contest)
Basically, what we will do is hold a photocontest of our own, with the winner being selected as our photowalk's official entry to the worldwide contest.
Additional rules, consistent with the Scott Kelby guidelines :
- You have to submit and upload the SAME photo. You can't have different photos as your entry.
- Photos submitted to the contest must be taken during the time of our walk. You can't come back to the location of the walk later (or show up earlier) and take more pictures. (This is why we asked you to make sure your camera's time and date settings are correct.)
- Collages aren't allowed because you're technically submitting more than one image.
- Photos that are submitted can be edited, but can't include anything that wasn't taken during the walk. For example, you can't drop in a sky that was taken on a different day. You can edit images to make them black and white, infrared, add contrast and saturation, remove distracting elements, create HDR images and panoramas, or use plug-ins.
- The suggested photo dimensions are 1000px on the longest side at 72dpi, and the maximum file size is 1 MB.
- Deadline of email submission is Saturday, October 12, at 11:59PM. Deadline of upload to the Scott Kelby site is Monday, October 14, 11:59PM. Both are Philippine times.
Kindly follow these guidelines and you're all set. We look forward to your entries. Thanks to everyone who joined the photowalk. The best of luck! Cheers!
Competition is fun
At Focus Bulacan, we strive to improve every member's photography skills. One way to do this is to constantly challenge each other with photo contests. All competition is posted here, for voting and for announcement of results. Good luck!